There are nearly endless ways to modify what we offer, to create a sofa, chair, sectional, or loveseat that really fits your style, your body, and your space. These modifications include (photos are of actual modifications and completely custom creations designed by you)
- increase or decrease seat depth for better back and leg support
- increase or decrease seat height, altering legs, frame, or cushions for better posture and easy exit - this Oscar chair has 1" taller legs
- custom lengths
- custom depths
- contrast piping/using a different color or texture on the welting
- toss pillow style/size changes
- back cushion height extended or decreased
- change the arm style, ie. Putting an Oscar arm on a Michaela sofa
- changing seats to a single bench seat cushion
- altering the number of seat and back cushions from the standard offering
- attached or loose back cushions
- change the firmness of back and/or seat cushions
- tufted back
- hard back height changed
- his and hers - Momma Bear and Poppa Bear chairs!
- his and hers - sofa and chair in complementary features with different height legs
- shape change to back cushion, ie. rounded corners instead of square.
- back cushions changed from box (two welts) to knife edge (one welt), or vice versa
- adding buttons/nail heads added for style
- skirt applied to non-skirt sofa style
- leg style changed (limited availability depending on the style)
- applying fabric and leather collage designs (and custom leg finishes)
- add a swivel base to a chair with legs (a skirt may be helpful to hide the round metal mechanism)
- using locking casters instead of legs, for easy moving/cleaning
- applying C.O.M. (using the customer’s own material for a cover)
- adding a center leg for style and/or extra support
- lower arms
- create a sectional design from an existing sofa
- custom sectional to fit in tight spaces, modular connectors
(shown separately and together, swing-away connectors invisible when separate)
- create an entirely new style based on the way an existing style fits you, then applying the looks of your favorite magazine photos, drawings, and other specifications!
All designs shown are individually bench crafted in North Carolina for our store without chemical flame retardants or added formaldehyde.
Contact us for more information - we'd love to hear from you. Thanks!